Monday, June 14, 2010

A New Beginning

This blog is supposed to mark the beginning of my reading of the Book of Mormon (not for the first time, but nevertheless), but is not limited to my study of that particular narrative. It will encompass all of my thoughts and insights, whether at church, in the car, at home, or any other location that I may experience personal revelation. I have titled it "The Pursuit of Happiness" partly because that was the movie I was watching when I was trying to think of a title for this blog. But also, and more importantly, because I feel like that is what this life is. A pursuit, both of knowledge and of joy, and we can find that joy by a pure and constant study of the things that are most important in this life as outlined for us by the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I'd like to start by saying that I have a testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel, and I have read the Book of Mormon often enough to know that it is indeed another testament of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Our Savior, with whom it is my goal to know personally, more and more each day, through my studying and through my prayers to my Heavenly Father. This testimony has come through many years of my own work, blood, sweat and tears and I cannot deny it any more than I could deny that the color of my eyes are brown. I know this gospel to be the truest and most profound and powerful force on this earth; My testimony of that is as President Joseph Smith said about his revelation in the Sacred Grove: that I know it to be true, and I know that God knows it, and I cannot deny it, neither do I dare (refer to JSH 1:25)...and so it is. And so it begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment