Sunday, June 20, 2010

1 Nephi chapter 5

The only thing I really made note of in this chapter is Sariah's mourning for her sons, as they waited for them to return from Jerusalem with the brass plates. I couldn't help but draw a parallel to Emma Smith's suffering as she lost child out of child during the hardships that the pioneers faced as they were driven out of each city and had to start over. I've noticed the same kind of mourning in my own mother at times, as she worried about the many difficulties that her own children have gone through (which has seemed to be an awful lot for one family). I couldn't help but wonder what motherhood must be like and how hard it must be to watch your children go through hard times, or even worse to lose a child. I think that is one of my biggest fears in this life.

Anyway, that's what I noticed in this chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment